Sunday, June 21, 2009

The payoff. The big, fat payoff.


My mother is having surgery next month and on the phone tonight she expressed some growing concern over the situation. I pointed her to Joshua 1, which contains several instances of God telling us not to be afraid, and contains this absolute gem in verse 9:
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
Thank you Father! Thank you Jesus! If I hadn't been reading on my own, if the only time my Bible ever got touched was carrying it to and from church on Sunday, I would never have been able to offer this encouragement to her. As Charles Stanley has said, "If you want to get something out of the Bible on Sunday, read it on Saturday. And Friday. And..."

Claim the promises of the Bible. Make them your own, because they are yours. But before you can claim them you must find them! So what are you doing here? Open your Bible, then come back and let me know what you found in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment