Thursday, September 30, 2010

Answered Prayers +2

Last week at the man alive group Pastor Skip covered the first part of Philippians 4, which contains this gem in verses 6-7:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Then on Sunday a friend of mine, who is attending graduate school to obtain a Doctor of Pharmacy, mentions that he has a big pharmacotherapy exam coming up and he's convinced he's going to fail. Well, look what I just covered two days ago. What a coincidence...or not. I shared these verses with him, and started praying. Not that he would pass the exam, but I prayed for calmness and recall, and asked God that when my friend knew the answers that God would show it to him and reward the work he put in learning the material. Every time I thought of him, every time I saw a facebook update from him, I sent that prayer up fresh.

On Wednesday I see an update that he scored 93 on the exam. Yup, the one he was convinced he would fail. And for once I had the right reaction as the first thought I had was to thank God for helping him.

Then today I went to my doctor to get a prescription. After the nurse took my vitals and sat me down in the exam room, she told me the doctor was going to order blood work before giving me the prescription. I don't like blood work, mostly because I don't like getting up early to trudge off to the lab before work, and because the results always come back normal. So as I was waiting I simply asked that we could do this without having to get lab work done. And as soon as I said that I heard the little voice in my head say "OK." The doctor comes in, we have a five minute conversation, and he writes the prescription for me. Afterward the nurse said "No blood work? Wow, aren't you lucky?" Actually, no, there was no luck involved in that. As an added bonus, they gave me a coupon to cover my copay. Heh...Ephesians 3:20-21.

So that's two, just this week. I think I'm on a bit of a roll...dear God, the Powerball is $48 million this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment